These terms service (the “Terms of Service”) are a legal agreement between you and Julie Products, Inc. (“Julie”, “we,” “us,” or “our”). These Terms of Service specify the terms under which you may access and use our website(s) located at juliecares.com, Julie-care.com; thenewplanb.com; contraception411.com; contraception101.com; morningafterpillnow.com; emergencycontraception.com (the “Site(s)”) and purchase emergency contraception (“EC”) and our branded merchandise (“Product” or “Products”) through the online shop on the website (the “Online Shop,” and together with the Site, the “Services”)
THE SECTIONS BELOW TITLED “BINDING ARBITRATION” AND “CLASS ACTION WAIVER” CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
If you accept or agree to this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the Agreement and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
Our Online Shop is hosted and operated by Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”). Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our Products to you.
- OUR SITE AND SERVICES.
Our Services have several types of users:
- Visitors. “Visitors” to our Site, as the term implies, are people who want to explore the Site for informational purposes. No login is required for visitors to the Site. Visitors can access all publicly-available content and features of the Site, and can contact us using the contact link on the Site.
- Buyers. “Buyers” are visitors who purchase our Products on the site. Visitors are under no obligation to purchase any Products on the Site.
- Age Restrictions. The Services are available only to individuals who are old enough to assent to these Terms of Service. If you are old enough to assent but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
- Changes in Laws. You hereby acknowledge that: (i) the state of the law with respect to the sale and provision of EC products (“EC Laws”) is unsettled; and (ii) new provisions to, or changes in, EC Laws or changes in the interpretation of EC Laws by an enforcement authority or court of competent jurisdiction (a “Change in Law”) may hold that these Terms of Service, in whole or in part, are not permissible. If a Change in Law holds that these Terms of Service, in whole or in part, are not permissible, frustrates the purpose of these Terms of Service, or imposes a material obligation on you or Julie, we may modify these Terms of Service by posting written notice thereof on the Site(s). Such modification shall automatically go into effect upon posting of such notification or as otherwise described in the notice. Such Change in Law may require, but not be limited to, Julie to cease sales and provision of EC in particular States or other jurisdictions.
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Services, or any portion of the Services, including by closing or disconnecting your ability to connect to the Services, without notice and without reason.
- Orders; Order Acceptance. Buyers may place orders for any and all the Products through the Online Shop on the Site (classified as a “Purchase” or “Purchases”). Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of an order. Prices and availability of products are subject to change without notice. Buyers agree that by placing an order through the Online Shop, you are entering into a binding contract and agree to pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf through Online Shop, at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred including, without limitation, all shipping and handling charges. In addition, you remain responsible for any taxes that may be applicable to your Purchases. Your total price will include the price of the product(s) plus any applicable sales tax; such state and local sales tax is based on the shipping address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time you Purchase the product(s). Such taxes will be imposed only in states where the goods sold over the internet are taxable.
- Shipping; Risk of Loss. Julie uses reliable third-party carriers to deliver Products to Buyers. Buyers are responsible for the cost of all shipping. Title and risk of loss to the Products will pass to Buyer upon delivery by Julie to the shipping carrier.
- Errors. All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, and prices of products described or depicted on the Services are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, and other descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. From time to time, there may be information on the Services that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, product prices, promotions, offers, and availability. Julie reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders, if any information on the Services is inaccurate at any time without prior notice, even after Buyer has received an order confirmation or shipping notification. The inclusion of any products on the Services does not imply or warrant that these products will be available. Julie reserve the right to revise our product offerings and/or discontinue products at any time without notice. Julie also reserves the right to limit quantities purchased, and to revise, suspend, or terminate an event or promotion at any time without notice (including after an order has been submitted or acknowledged).
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
The Services contains material, such as software, text, graphics, images, and other material provided by or on behalf of Julie (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Services and the Content are protected under United States and foreign laws. The Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, Julie and our licensors exclusively own all right, title, and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Julie (the “Julie Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Services are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Julie. Other company and service names located on the Services may be trademarks or service marks owned by third parties (the “Third-Party Trademarks,” and, collectively with Julie Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing on the Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of the Julie Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Elements of the Services are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
- USAGE RIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Julie grants you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to access and use the Services solely for your personal purposes. Julie may terminate this license at any time for any reason. Further, when using or accessing the Services, you agree that:
- You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Services and will not use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not access or use the Services to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with, or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of, the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any Content, data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Services;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features on the Services;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Services for any purpose without our express written permission;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure;
- You will not allow anyone to access and use the Services through any access credentials provided to you;
- You will not resell, distribute, or sublicense the Services or use it for the benefit of anyone other than you or your business;
- You will not remove or modify any proprietary markings or restrictive legends placed on the Services; and
- You will not introduce, post, or upload to the Services any Harmful Code. As used herein, “Harmful Code” means computer code, programs, or programming devices that are intentionally designed to disrupt, modify, access, delete, damage, deactivate, disable, harm, or otherwise impede in any manner, including aesthetic disruptions or distortions, the operation of the Services, or any other associated software, firmware, hardware, computer system, or network (including, without limitation, “Trojan horses,” “viruses,” “worms,” “time bombs,” “time locks,” “devices,” “traps,” “access codes,” or “drop dead” or “trap door” devices) or any other harmful, malicious, or hidden procedures, routines or mechanisms that would cause the Services to cease functioning or to damage or corrupt data, storage media, programs, equipment, or communications, or otherwise interfere with the operations of the Services.
Julie reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services or any part thereof. You are free to stop using the Services at any time.
- NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
THE SERVICES, AND ALL CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY JULIE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. JULIE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT, AND ALL PRODUCTS OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, JULIE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR COMMON LAW TORT CLAIMS: (I) WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICES, THE PRODUCTS, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (II) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES, NOT ATTRIBUTABLE TO PERSONAL INJURIES, THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS (US $100). JULIE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN LIABILITIES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL AFFECT ANY NON-WAIVABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS THAT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Julie, its affiliates, and its and their respective officers, managers, partners, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, civil penalties, liabilities, damages, judgments, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, incurred in connection with any proceeding, claim, or action arising out of or related to (i) your breach of these Terms of Service; (ii) your misuse of the Products, the Content or the Services; and/or (iii) your violation of any third-party rights, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, publicity or privacy right.
- COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS.
The Services are based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Services are accessible, or whether Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use, or Purchases may be made, outside of the United States. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
- CONTROLLING LAW
This Agreement and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
- BINDING ARBITRATION.
In the event of a dispute arising between you and Julie under or relating to this Agreement or the Services (each, a “Dispute”), such Dispute will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). Any election to arbitrate, at any time, shall be final and binding on the other party. NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL, EXCEPT EITHER PARTY MAY BRING ITS CLAIM IN ITS LOCAL SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IF PERMITTED BY THAT SMALL CLAIMS COURT RULES AND IF WITHIN SUCH COURT’S JURISDICTION. ARBITRATION IS DIFFERENT FROM COURT, AND DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS MAY ALSO BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. All disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator selected jointly by you and Julie, whose decision will be final, except for a limited right of appeal under the FAA. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted by JAMS pursuant to its then current Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those rules, or, where appropriate, pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. All applicable JAMS’ rules and procedures are available at the JAMS website www.jamsadr.com. Each of you and Julie will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules. Judgment on the arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. If conducted in person, the arbitration shall take place in the United States county where you reside. The parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay a proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The parties shall cooperate in good faith in the voluntary and informal exchange of all non-privileged documents and other information (including electronically stored information) relevant to the Dispute immediately after commencement of the arbitration. As set forth in Section 12 below, nothing in this Agreement will prevent us from seeking injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction as necessary to protect our proprietary interests.
- CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
You agree that any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the Dispute between us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (i) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
- EQUITABLE RELIEF.
You acknowledge and agree that in the event of a breach or threatened violation of our intellectual property rights and confidential and proprietary information by you, we will suffer irreparable harm and will therefore be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce this Agreement. We may, without waiving any other remedies under this Agreement, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim, equitable, provisional, or injunctive relief that is necessary to protect our rights and property pending the outcome of the arbitration referenced above. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in New York, New York for purposes of any such action by us.
- EXTERNAL SITES.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites (“External Sites”). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
- CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT.
These Terms of Service are effective as of the last updated date stated at the top. We may change these Terms of Service from time to time. Any such changes will be posted on the Site. By accessing the Services after we make any such changes to these Terms of Service, you are deemed to have accepted such changes. Please refer back to these Terms of Service on a regular basis.
No failure or delay by Julie in exercising any right or remedy under the Agreement will operate, or be deemed to operate, as a waiver of any such right or remedy. If any provision of the Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be amended and the remainder of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect. The Agreement constitutes the final and complete agreement between you and Julie regarding the subject matter hereof, and supersede any prior or contemporaneous communications, representations, or agreements between us, whether oral or written, including, without limitation, any confidentiality or non-disclosure agreements. Headings are for convenience only and shall not be used to limit or interpret the meaning of any of the provisions of the Agreement. Terms which by their nature are intended to survive indefinitely shall survive and shall apply to you even if you have stopped using the Services, including, without limitation, the limitations of liability, indemnity, and dispute resolution provisions.
- HOW TO CONTACT US.
If you have questions about the Agreement or our Services, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Copyright 2022 Julie Products, Inc. All rights reserved.
Julie Mobile Terms and Conditions
Program Description: Julie (“Company”) is offering the Julie Text Club, a mobile alert program (the “Program”), subject to these Mobile Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”). If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to these Terms, you can reply “STOP” to any mobile message from Company in order to opt out of the Program.
User Opt In: The Program allows users to receive SMS (“mobile”) alerts that include alerts, information, offers, and rewards by users affirmatively opting into the Program, such as by signing up online, at a point-of purchase display, or by texting a keyword to Company’s short code in response to a written or verbal call-to-action. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that these Terms apply to your participation in the Program. The mobile messaging service used by Company to communicate with you requires human intervention for Company’s mobile messages to be initiated, and it does not have the capacity to randomly or sequentially generate telephone numbers. Thus,
Company’s mobile messages are not sent to you by an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Nevertheless, by signing up to receive promotional messages from Company, you agree
to receive autodialed marketing mobile messages and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Company.
Company may also offer various applications or services that enable or incorporate transactional text messaging, including, but not limited to, one-to-one messaging, text-message receipts, and other
informational alerts. By providing your mobile telephone number to Company when presented with or informed of these Terms, you consent to receive non-marketing mobile messages to the fullest extent
permitted under applicable law, regardless of the technology utilized.
Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent based on your interaction with Company.
Message frequency may vary.
Contact Information: For support, text “HELP” to any Company mobile message or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Opt Out and Additional Commands: To opt out of receiving mobile messages, reply “STOP” to any mobile message you received from Company on your mobile device or email email@example.com. This
is the easiest and preferred method to opt out receiving mobile messages through the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. The Program may recognize or respond to additional commands and keyword queries. Thus, you may receive additional informational text messages based on your interaction with the Program, even after opting out of receiving the Program’s recurring alerts. You acknowledge and agree that, notwithstanding any prior opt-out attempt, you consent to receive further messages from or on behalf of Company that result from your continued communication with the Program. Company may also provide you instructions on how to rejoin receiving the Program’s recurring mobile alerts when you unsubscribe. You agree that you are subject to the Terms, including any modifications thereto then in effect, when you resubscribe to the Program through any of the available options to do so.
Supported Carriers: Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Boost, Virgin Mobile USA & Metro PCS. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Company Warranty: Company will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any messages connected with this Program. Delivery of messages is subject to effective transmission from your
wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Company’s control.